Hi Everyone,

I'm Jennifer of the blog JWS Interiors/Affordable Luxury and am thrilled to be guest posting for Erin today. Thanks so much Erin for the opportunity to blog for HOT readers! So thrilled for you and your family with your new baby!

I wanted to share with you today photos of my family room which I recently completely.  As an interior decorator and mother of two daughters under the age of 7, I am constantly looking for ways to beautify and simplify our home without breaking the bank. Messy hands can do a number on upholstery, so when it was time to re-do our family room to allow for more seating, I had to stay on budget, yet still wanted the end-result to look and feel luxurious while maintaining family-friendly pieces. (Interested in where some of the items were purchased? Sources are listed after the last photo)

For more daily design inspiration or if you are interested in an E-DECOR service, I invite you to check out my blog!

XOXO
Jennifer












Quick background on this project: 
The fun white chandelier from West Elm (discontinued) emphasizes the custom ceiling; I used two identical sofas (from World Market!)  to keep the space serene and then added the pretty linen pillows from HomeGoods to add some additional color and pattern.  The white flokati rug was a find on Amazon and "broke up" the neutral tan carpet and provided the perfect backdrop for the Oly Studio look-alike coffee table from HomeGoods.  To add additional character, I found the iron finials on the fireplace at an antiques market and then added the vases for photo purposes to bring out the colors in the art. Black and white frames are from Target.

I did all of this without spending a ton of money, my kids can plop down on the sofa and I don't get worried about whether it will stain!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top