Hello turquoise lovers – I’m Amanda from Dixie Delights and I’m *delighted* to entertain y’all this morning so that Erin can sneak loads of extra snuggles and kisses with precious baby Wesley! 

I grew up on one of Savannah’s barrier islands, and my husband and boys share my love for the marshes, rivers, and moss laden trees of my home town.  We’ve worked room by room on updating our forty-year year old house to reflect the interests and needs of our young and pretty non-stop family. Our living room is a great example of our Southern Coastal style.

 
Here's how the room looked on move in day...


 
And here's the after after:

July 2013 109 copy

July 2013 110 copy

The room is home to many treasured books, my Oysteria plate collection, and a hand turned wood bowl from an oak tree we lost last year made by family friend Matt Moulthrop

July 2013 099 copy


July 2013 096 copy

July 2013 055 copy

July 2013 103 copy  
The far end of the room is home to a wall of bookshelves.  I literally squealed with delight when our armoire and two bookshelves from our last house fit perfectly between the two existing built-ins.  But over the last few years it started to feel extremely dark.  I hated to paint them (in case I ever wanted them not painted again) so, after much brainstorming and pondering, I wallpapered them with grass cloth!

July 2013 087 copy 
July 2013 113 copy

The shelves are home to more precious family photos, corals, and my collection of replica Savannah homes.  I flipped my book jackets inside out to be all white.  Yes, it makes it impossible to know what’s on the shelf, but we generally don’t read the same book twice.

July 2013 070 copy

The arm chair is covered in the same linen fabric and has my custom monogram from Number Four Eleven in a tone on tone thread.

July 2013 077 copy July 2013 106 copy

The inside of the armoire holds a little bar.  We don’t use it much, but we do need a place to store this stuff!

October 2011 203 
Sources:
Paint - wall color is Benjamin Moore Seaspray and the trim is in Alabaster
Floors - unstained white oak
Drapes - Design Legacy fabric, made by me
Settee - Ethan Allen; Pillows made by Mother
Sconces – Home Goods
Rug - Ballard Designs Indoor Outdoor Leopard
Coffee Table and Antique Desk - from local shoppes
Chairs - custom from Calico Corners, recovered in Robert Allen Linen Duck Natural
Side table, armoire and bookshelves – Rich's
Oyster plates – Oysteria
Oyster mirror & glass risers – Wisteria
Hand turned wood bowl - Matt Moulthrop
Monogrammed throw - Number Four Eleven
Lamp – Aiden Gray
Green glass vessel – Target
Candle sconces – Ballard Designs

The thing I love most about this space is that nothing in here is insignificant to me.  From my grandfather’s old movie reel to my grandmother’s Bible and memories of trips with friends and birthdays with family, everything has meaning.  To see more detailed shots hop on over to Dixie Delights, or click here to take a peek at our entire before & after home tour.

Thanks again, Erin, for having me today. It’s always a pleasure!!
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top