Hello wonderful House of Turquoise readers, This is Edyta from EDYTA & CO. I am excited to be Erin's guest for the day to share a dose of turquoise while Erin is off focusing on her babino :) I am so so excited and happy for her!

 I love stopping over here to get inspired and enjoy one of my favorite colors- Turquoise. Erin sure does find some amazing spaces to share with us all and I am not sure I could find anything that she hasn't shared with us already. On that note, I thought I would share with you a few interiors that I designed that included the color turquoise.

(The room below is a guest bedroom that I transformed from dated and tired to fun, bright and cheery. Turquoise is evident in the painting above the bed- it was actually a piece I painted and it worked perfectly in this room  :) , ceramic gourd lamps, blanket and accessories)


 I just love these lamps!

(Here is a snipped of a bedroom in progress where I also used turquoise, it's a much more muted shade shown here used in the velvet accent pillows. This shade looks lovely against grays, in this case the faux fur blanket and the contrast of the sequence pillow. It is also sprinkled around the room in accessories, geode, clients antique tea cup and other textiles not shown in this photo)


The grays, whites, purples, pinks and dark woods play so nicely with this shade of turquoise.


(In this project I helped a client transition from a large home to a small Chicago 1 bedroom apartment. She had many antiques and treasures that she wanted to integrate yet she really wanted a vibrant space. I took the shade of turquoise that I spotted in one of her pieces of art she loved and saturated the walls with a similar tone. We had some beautiful silky drapes and sheers made to envelop and soften the room and used another textile with some gold geometric detail in the accent pillows. The sheer is also a combination of gold and turquoise, and all the window treatment add such an amazing glow when the sun is shining. I am so happy the client went with a stronger tone and so is she. She continues to tell me how much she loves to be in this room.)



At the moment I have a couple rooms in the works where I used turquoise and I can not wait till they are finished! One is a very calm room and another a dynamic one ;-) I just love how turquoise can be so versatile -dynamic as well as calm. On that note I am signing off, I invite you to stop by my blog and say hello- EDYTA & CO. Blog. I wish Erin and her husband all the best on this amazing time in their life!!  I know that baby will have many beautiful turquoise outfits ;-)  

Xo Edyta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top