I'm back!! What a vacation I had! I thought I'd share some pictures with you since all your advice was so helpful. We spent the first 3 days by the beach in Montauk (the very east tip of Long Island), but since we had a rental car we spent a lot of time in nearby Southhampton and East Hampton. What an absolute dream! All the houses you guys....whoa, I seriously could not handle all the coastal gems on the most gorgeous property I'd ever seen. It was insane. Way more beautiful than I imagined! One of the days we drove through East Hampton so I could do a drive-by of Grey Gardens. Because a lot of the leaves had fallen, I caught a great view of the beautiful home. I felt like I was meeting a celebrity! Nearby I also saw Martha Stewart's Lily Pond home, which I had blogged about before. So cool. We also made it down to Tate's Bake Shop in Southhampton to eat some delicious cupcakes, ate some amazing pizza at Sausages Pizza & Pastabilities in Montauk, and checked out the Wölffer Estate Vineyards just outside Bridgehampton and drank some of their tasty wine. We also spent a lot of time just walking along along the beach. I truly belong by the ocean! *sigh* It was such a relaxing, never-ending few days. So different than our non-stop, energetic next few days in NYC where we stayed in the Upper East Side in an apartment of a couple that was vacationing for the holiday. Very cool (and cheap!) alternative to a hotel! Highlights in NYC included ABC Carpet and Home (you guys were so right...that place is entirely magical!), dinner and frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity, Scott's Pizza Tour, the MoMA, Central Park of course, window shopping (drooling) on 5th Ave, Bloomingdales, a Crumbs cupcake, the Union Square Holiday Market, burger and malt at Stand, Fishs Eddy, Battery Park, Gracious Home, financial district and WTC area, tree/skating rink in Rockefeller Center, Times Square at night, walking around Greenwich Village and some fab shopping in SoHo. And to top it all off I ate a New York Bagel, Hot Dog and Pretzel (not all at once!). I can't even remember what else we saw...we were non-stop walking around all day and taking the subway all over the place. I loved it (my feet didn't!). Oh and we also saw the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We got there at 5:30AM to secure a good spot, and boy was it! So much fun. Those balloons are huge!

And because this blog is dedicated to turquoise (and in real-life I DO point out every single turquoise thing I see), of course I took some turquoise pics to share with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top