Hi Turquoise lovers - I'm Amanda from Dixie Delights and I’m beyond excited to be back at House of Turquoise today to share my guest room!! Just like in my den, the marsh and waterways of coastal Savannah were the inspiration behind this space.

So, let’s start from the beginning! Here’s the before…it was actually one of the best rooms in the house on move in day.
April 2009 091
And here’s the room with her new do…This room is my favorite of the lot. I could seriously move down the hall and never look back.March 2012 327 copy March 2012 338
Sources:
Paint - Benjamin Moore Stone Hearth (walls) and Benjamin Moore Alabaster (trim)
Curtains – Lacefield Designs Marrakesh in Cobblestone from Lewis and Sheron in Atlanta
Rod and hardware is Barley Twist from Antique Drapery Rod Company
Bamboo shades – JC Penney in pecan
Floor - unstained white oak
Rug - Indoor/Outdoor Leopard by Ballard Designs
March 2012 362 copy March 2012 379March 2012 377My parents purchased the four poster bed for my first apartment almost fifteen years ago. The brown quilt and standard shams are from Pottery Barn Pick Stitch line. I’ve had it for about five years and don’t see this color offered any more on-line. The flax colored linen euro shames and bed skirt are Horchow Essex in Flax. The long lumbar was made by my mother in the Lacefield Designs Marrakesh fabric. The sheets and duvet are from Target, with my gorgeous custom monogram from Savannah’s Number Four Eleven (store / blog).
March 2012 361 copyOver the bed I have framed a reproduction print of a white egret and two of my beloved Alison Evans oyster plates. I found the sconces at Home Goods at least ten years ago.
March 2012 341The vintage egg prints were collected over a couple of trips to Scott Antique Market in Atlanta and custom framed at Hobby Lobby. I fretted over where to hang these beauts…they’ve been up for consideration in nearly every room of my house over the last year and I’m happy to report they have now found their forever home.
March 2012 343The antique dresser holds a barnacle curiosity from Perch in New Orleans atop a stack of white books (dust jackets flipped inside out), a hand painted frame purchased on last year’s Rosemary Beach trip and a lamp I found at Stein Mart at least four years ago.
March 2012 332
March 2012 332
The antique mirrored chest (Honey gave to me for our second anniversary) holds a bunch of found driftwood from my most adored Seaside shoppe, Pizitz Home & Cottage. Above the chest is a vintage print of a blue heron and my two chalk painted antique plaques that Mother brought home from Beijing a few years back.
March 2012 358 copyThe chandelier moved with us from the guest room at our previous home. I was beyond excited to luck out with a lot of turquoise drops on ebay and think they just make the piece.
March 2012 372 copy
March 2012 368 copy
March 2012 382 copy

March 2012 375 copy March 2012 381 copyAt the foot of the bed I have my chalk painted chair and a darling antique bamboo legged table from my husband’s late Grandmother. Mother whipped up the pillow cover out of left over fabric from my den drapes (Basha Dot fabric has been discontinued.) I then attached burlap rosettes (purchased on sale at AC Moore for $1.50 each) and further embellished with bedazzled brooches from Macy’s (a steal at $7 a piece after a one day sale and coupon.) I made the Wisteria knock off oyster shell lantern last summer and placed it atop some of my favorite decorating reads from Charles Faudree and Bunny Williams. The finial was a free gift from a Sugarloaf Home tour attended a few years ago. The “Nest” sign was from an Atlanta must-shop of yore aptly named Nest. Sadly it is no longer around. I cannot for the life of me recall where I picked up the shell.

And that pretty much covers every square inch of the room.

Another sincere thank you goes to Erin for inviting me back to House of Turquoise!! Y'all come check out all my before and afters any time!
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top