Hi Everyone,

My name is Emma from Chamomile & Peppermint and I have been lucky enough to be invited by Erin to share my recently renovated nursery created for my first child, a little girl, due next Tuesday!

I have been inspired many a time by the calming effects of the various shades of turquoise at The House of Turquoise, especially living by the ocean on the eastern coast of Australia. Upon finding out I was having a little girl couldn't resist the temptation to put together something really girly, but not too pink, in a space that would be both whimsical and calm. I love dusty vintage colours and fabrics, for things to be a little shabby and not too perfect and to give new life to old furniture and get crafty, there is not much that is new and plastic in here and I have spent a minimal amount of money and loads of satisfaction from the creative process.

The main colour I used was Taubmans "cosmic rays" at full strength. I then added accents of yellow, pink and a little red with the end result a bit like a candy shop! We also had great fun painting the floorboards white which really lightened up this dark little room. Kids rooms are so fun to do as you can go a little over the top.

I hope that you like the results and maybe can find some inspiration for a project of your own!



My mum made these sweet turquoise curtains.



I collected embroidery hoops from op-shops and hand-embroidered this one.


This was an awful old wardrobe with thin, veneer fronts to the doors that was peeling. I pushed out the veneer leaving the frames, stapled in this sweet Holly Hobby-ish material I found at the op-shop for $3, painted it white and bought the handles from e-bay. The bird cage I already had.




I hand-made this cute hot air-balloon mobile from scrapbooking paper.


My mum and sister re-vamped this old pine change table.



This high-chair was also sanded and painted complete with turquoise cushions that match the curtains.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top